CC photo "Siren Song" by Karah Levely-Rinaldi on flickr.
We found some sweet ideas for an ice cream celebration the whole family will enjoy. Every July day is perfect for an icy treat, but the third Sunday in July is especially meant for ice cream delights! Here are five ideas we love; perfect for toddlers, preschoolers, and the entire family. A mix of printables, crafts, and recipes to help you celebrate National Ice Cream Day.
1. CARDBOARD ICE CREAM CONES with tempura paint and paper "sprinkles" are a fun project for kids of all ages. Art Bar Blog has even more fun craft ideas.
2. MILK SHAKE FLAVORED CUPCAKES from Bubbly Nature Creations give the same pop of delicious ice cream taste, without the melty mess!
3. Perfect for an ice cream social, this FREE PRINTABLE from hello, wonderful is a fun way to decorate your next party. Kids can help string the ice cream cone garland together.
4. We love this ICE CREAM-IN-A-MASON-JAR kit. It makes a perfect hostess gift, or long car ride activity. Simple ingredients such as creamer packets and salt make this an innovative and fun idea from Style Me Pretty.
5. STRAWBERRIES AND CREAM ICE CREAM SANDWICHES are a perfect way to celebrate National Ice Cream day. We love how easy these are to make, especially with graham crackers as the "sandwich" crust. More family friendly recipes can be found on lemonsforlulu.com