Park Playdate by Karyn of Girl of Cardigan.
There’s no denying the fact that babies come with a lot of baggage. Diapers and wipes, snacks and bottles, toys and teethers- it’s challenging to feel truly hands-free when you’re hauling the entire contents of Buy Buy Baby around with you all the time. Enter the fabulous, game-changing LILLEbaby pocket.
I’m the kind of girl who likes to feel, well, not like a pack mule, which is why I adore the deceptively spacious cargo pocket on our LILLEbaby carriers. With some clever planning and some back up supplies in the trunk of my car or a locker, I’ve been able to use our LILLE pocket to ditch the diaper bag at the zoo, at Disneyland, around town, at the beach… just about anywhere we need to go! It is my absolute favorite feature. Well, okay, I have a lot of favorite LILLE features. But it’s up there. Moving on.
We thought it would be fun to do a little series in which we share what we’ve packed into our LILLE pocket for a variety of adventures. Each month, we’ll share a new packing plan with you - and a few favorite tips and products along the way!
What’s in Your Pocket
1. Sunscreen. My toddler and I are both made of borderline translucent stuff, so we don’t go anywhere near sunshine without several layers of protection in place. I love the scent of this Alba sunscreen, and the SPF 45 level.
2. Spare pants and undies are a potty-trained toddler must, so I grab a thin pair of shorts and some cute striped undies just in case. Better safe than sorry!
3. And in case our just-in-case scenario becomes I reality, I always like to have a wet bag handy. This Logan and Lenora bag is by far my favorite.
4. My daughter is OBSESSED with sunglasses. She loves the butterflies on these (H&M), and I love that they help protect her baby blues.
5. Stickers. Stickers solve a wide variety of toddler complaints and conflicts. In this house, the three primary rules of toddler parenting are: Caffeinate. Go outside. Carry stickers.
6. LILLElove cards with the name of our local BW group on the back to hand out to any lovely babywearing mamas we happen to run into. I love having an easy way to break the ice with potential new mom friends.
7. A snack. The fourth primary rule of toddler parenting is “For the love, people - always have a snack.” The toddler is in a purple phase, so this Plum pouch is hitting the spot for her right now.
8. A little something to help me not look quite as tired as I feel - Covergirl LipPerfection Jumbo Gloss Balms are the perfect sheer pop of color for a last minute perk-up. I maybe have one in each color. Maybe. But this one goes best with my Berry CarryOn Air. Not quite red, not quite pink, exactly perfect. What's in Your Pocket is a guest series from Karyn of Girl of Cardigan.