What are the weight limits on the COMPLETE, the CarryOn and the ESSENTIALS baby carriers?
The COMPLETE does not require an infant insert and is recommended for children 7lbs-45lbs.
The ESSENTIALS is recommended for children 15lbs-45lbs. With the addition of the infant insert, which will be available in Spring 2016, it is approved for use from 7lbs-45lbs.
What are the differences between the COMPLETE, the CarryOn and the ESSENTIALS?
Please see our Compare Chart for a side by side look at the differences in these carriers.
What are the number of carrying positions I can use on the COMPLETE, the CarryOn and the ESSENTIALS?
The COMPLETE has 6 carry positions: fetal, infant, toddler, hip and back.
The CarryOn has 3 carry positions: toddler, hip and back.
The ESSENTIALS has 4 carry positions: infant (with insert), toddler, hip and back.
I’m having trouble figuring out how to use my COMPLETE carrier, help!
Check our instructional video page which shows how to use the COMPLETE in all positions and settings; http://lillebaby.com/instructional_videos.
What is the difference between the COMPLETE All Seasons and the COMPLETE Airflow?
The major difference between the COMPLETE Airflow and the COMPLETE All Seasons is that the Airflow is all mesh, and the All Seasons features a cotton covering, and a zip away panel that reveals the mesh under so you can control temperatures.
Do I need an infant insert with my COMPLETE carrier?
The LILLEbaby COMPLETE carriers do not require an infant insert. Beginning at 7 lbs you may wear baby in the carrier in either the fetal position with legs inside in the froggy position or legs out in the narrow seat setting. You may use the infant straps for added safety if you wish. We also recommend watching the instructional videos here: http://lillebaby.com/instructional_videos
What is the "scrunch" method? My baby is in between the "wide" and the "narrow" seat, what do I do?
You can achieve a wider support in the narrow seat setting by trying one or more of the following techniques:
1. Position baby further away from belt: Ensure baby has a “deep seat” by positioning baby toward the wider part of the carrier panel rather than close to or on the waistband itself. Achieving this is easiest if your waistband is flat and snug to your waist or hip. Try moving the waist belt higher or lower, maintaining a flat, snug, and level fit, until you find a position that is both comfortable for the wearer and positions baby on the widest part of the seat.
2. Widen seat by loosening seat flaps:
- -Leave flaps unbuckled, but folded in underneath baby’s bottom. Pull on each side of the seat to extend the fabric over baby’s thighs to achieve a widened seat.
- -Alternatively, leave the flaps hanging loose. This results in a slightly wider seat compared to the flaps folded in and buttoned
- -Once baby is in the carrier, reach inside and adjust where baby is sitting by lifting and moving baby’s bottom further away from your belt.
- -Always make sure to tighten straps to ensure baby is sitting snug to your body. However, never over tighten – always allow for the natural c-curve of babies spine.
- -Note: “Scrunching” the seat flaps on the waist belt to slightly narrow the wide seat setting is not recommended because it can warp the carrier’s waist belt.
What is the difference between the COMPLETE and the CarryOn?
The CarryOn is designed for larger children, as it goes from 20 up to 60 pounds. It has a roomier panel, and more adjustability in the straps to get a good comfortable fit. Children can be worn on the hip, the back or facing in, in 3 positions.
The Complete has a fold down neck support so smaller babies can look out and be worn facing forward. Children can be worn facing in, and out, on the hip an on the back in a variety of ways because the width of the seat adjusts.
The Complete weight range is from 7 pounds at birth to 45 pounds with no need for an infant insert, you cannot use the CarryOn with children under 20 pounds.
Which is more breathable, the COMPLETE Airflow or the COMPLETE Embossed?
The Embossed LILLEbaby carrier is made with a soft, light and highly breathable microfiber fabric often used in sports gear. There is no padding between the layers in the body of the carrier which make it super lightweight and it allows more airflow than most padded cotton carriers, but not more breathable than our Airflow carrier.
Can I use the LILLEbaby COMPLETE waist extender on the ESSENTIALS?
Not at this time.
How does the ESSENTIALS compare to the COMPLETE?
The COMPLETE is a 6-position carrier with a number of unique features. The ESSENTIALS was designed to offer the best solution in the more simplified, traditional soft structured carrier category. It features 4 carrying positions (with the optional infant insert launching in Spring 2016) and includes different features than the COMPLETE
What is the infant safety harness for?
The interior harness strap in the COMPLETE carriers adds the necessary security to allow parents to use a rolled-up blanket of their choice in their carrier without it creating a fall hazard. The harness is not common in SSC in the US, but safety certifications in other countries, like Japan, have started requiring harness straps to reduce the risk of error when using an infant insert or positioning the baby in the carrier. We are proud to be among the first to offer this helpful safety feature.
Do you use a flame retardent on your carriers?
It's Important to LILLEbaby that we make the safest products for children that we can. We test extensively for both voluntary and mandatory standards. Our products contain no lead, toxic dyes, phthalates, flame retardants and are CPSIA compliant and ASTM safety certified. The padding on our shoulder pads is comprised of a non-toxic PE, a material frequently used in baby mattresses. The waist belt is also made of non-toxic PEVA material. Many baby products (bibs etc.) are now using PEVA as it is considered “greener” and safer than PVC etc.
Can't find an answer? Give us a call at 8-555-LILLE-1